Follow me to Borobudur Temple Compounds



photo credits to @julian_cheong


During my first visit to Borobudur, I was thrilled with the magnificent aura that surrounded by the oldest temple and it gives peaceful feeling to the visitor. In my second visit, after a hectic year for me, I managed to found my inner peace at there. The aura definitely did not fade!

This is my second time here to Borobudur and yet I am still enthusiastic to visit. It almost feel like when I was there, I would be able to find my inner peace and forget about the worries that I have. My first visit to Borobudur last year was spectacular. This is one of the destinations that I am looking forward on this trip! During the last trip, it was easier to take picture and with lesser crowd, but for this time, we went on a public holiday. It was super hard for us to capture a satisfied one. Thank god I have my pro photographer @julian_cheong who managed to take some nice shots for me even in this circumstances haha.

It's absolutely amazing, worth every penny. To see all the splendor of the largest Buddhist in the world we were transported from our hotel at 4am. Very early but worth it. It took us about 45 minutes to arrive and the sunrise happened at about 5:25 in the morning.






Borobudur is not a stranger to the world traveling scene, being a unique Buddhist temple of Asia, it is also the largest Buddhist structure on earth. Borobudur was given UNESCO World Heritage Site status at 1991 after it had been fully restored. It had became a major international tourist attraction with its 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues and also detailed wall carvings.

Borobudur consists of six square platforms and the highest point is 35 m from ground. Borobudur consists of six square platforms topped by three circular platforms, and is decorated with no less than 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues of various types. The main dome, located at the centre of the top platform, is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues seated inside perforated stupas. The distinctive shape and structure of Borobudur is the dome and its three circular symmetrical terraces. There are also six different postures of Buddha as you ascend the platforms. The wall reliefs is recounting the life stories of Buddha, from law of Karma to birth of Buddha and his journey towards searching for the ultimate truth.



The sun rises in Borobudur was in pastel colour.

photo credits to @julian_cheong

Fresh air and cooling weather is love.



We can see Mount Merapi from here
Info provided by Julian haha!






#FollowChaChaTravelTheWorld
Created this new Hashtag on Instagram, stay tuned for more.
Thanks to Julian for all my follow me shots. ME LOVE.






My first visit was wearing Wonderful Indonesia Top!
On point! 







photo credits to @julian_cheong
photo credits to @julian_cheong

photo credits to @julian_cheong


I can see myself back to this peaceful place soon with my family.







The temple is breathtaking and is a great way to spend a number of hours exploring and wandering about. The sunrise tour is an absolute must - the temple in soft morning colors looks even better than expected. Of course there will be some crowds, but beautiful photos can be captured nevertheless. 

Beautiful places are worth to go more than once! This time I’ve done some research on the ancient civilisation before I went. With the knowledge, I’m able to witness the world heritage site with more insightful information, every single corner has sculpture, architect, the symbols engrave around the stupa that was created by human more than a thousand years, and these master piece are truly magnificent!

The world is truly big and there are so much more awaiting us human to explore. I wish that I can explore more in my lifetime.






Took our cute boomerang before we left.
Check these cool people out on Instagram!
@ndrahalim @charlene22 @shennyyang @julian_cheong @urbandollsg @thechency




Entrance fees


Entry into Borobudur costs:
US$22/Rp 280,000 for adult non-Indonesians.
US$10/Rp 110,000 for non-Indonesian registered students (ISIC or university card is required).
Rp 30,000 for Indonesian adults or foreign holders of an Indonesian work permit .

How to get there
Borobudur is about 25 miles (40 kilometers) from Yogyakarta, where many day-trip tours can be booked. Those wishing to visit independently, or stay in Borobudur village outside the park entrance, can travel to the site by bus or taxi.


2 comments

jcj no1 said...

what a very beautiful pictures by chubby girl charlene

jcj no1 said...

nice blog with beautiful trip advisers charlene