Tanuki Raw - Happiest Hours in Orchard



Basically I crave raw oyster all the time and I hardly get someone to eat oyster with me, guess what? They don't enjoy oyster like me! I found Tanuki from my very best friend - Google. Tanuki Raw's daily Happy Hour is definitely one of the best Happy Hours I've ever been to. From 5pm to 8pm everyday, you could enjoy $10 martini, $2 for freshly shucked raw oysters (limited to 6 oysters per drink), and $7 for 5 slices of salmon sashimi (limited to 1 portion per drink).

This is a Japanese concept bar with very relaxing ambience. The setting is very fetching, especially appealing to the after-work crowd to unwind at while enjoying some good food and drinks.



You might notice that it is no usual Japanese restaurant or bar. Cement floor, red swanky chairs, and a hip modern bar counter – definitely more than the usual Japanese eatery.







The oysters were so fresh! They were extremely delicious with lemon and tobasco. The sweet freshness oozing out of the juicy oysters was just so awesome.



The salmon sashimi slices were thick and juicy. They were also very fresh and sweet. Both the oysters and salmon sashimi went very well with the wine that I ordered.


 The Caveman ($10) – sushi roll with minced raw Australian beef with wasabi mayo.



After the first visit at Tanuki Raw, I actually returned back on the same week. Love it for the ultra amazing value oysters happy hour! It was quite satisfying to see myself slurped up 6 oysters for $2 each in the check!



Location

181 Orchard Road 
#02-03 Orchard Central
Singapore 238896

Hours

11:30 AM - 10:30 PM daily
5 PM - 8 PM Happy Hour daily
Last order of food at 9:45 PM and
drinks at 10:15 PM

Contact

Tanuki Raw
phone: +65 6636 5949 

Please note that we do not take reservations. 



3 comments

Angelus Chan said...

Omg, I'm so checking it out thanks! x

Angelus || http://angelus-officially.blogspot.sg/

imchacha said...

=)

Noor said...

Very well written piece. I found this place is great for expats,the food here is amazing and affordable. If you are an expat and plan on moving to Singapore, do check out www.placematch.sg. I found it to be very useful in finding a place.